Match Day Manager
On Sundays when Matches are held at Volac Park, responsible adults from the different age groups are responsible for management of the day.
Purpose of the role:
To ensure that Sunday morning rugby activities are run efficiently and safely.
CRUFC Mini & Youth Playing Committee
Mini & Youth Fixture Secretary
- Arrive prior to the start of activities – by 09.00
- Unlock main gates
- Check emergency access point from Grantchester Road is clear and remains clear duringmatches – use cones to demark the area.
- Be visible – wear Match Day managers fluorescent jacket (kept in the Referees room bench lockers)
- Unlock changing rooms, including rear Portacabin changing rooms.
- Allocate and mark pitches on Pitch Board – follow Fixture Secretary’s pitch allocation.
- Allocate changing rooms for Youth matches – mark on board in changing area( following Fixture Secretary Allocation)
- Direct players and parents to relevant pitches.
- Monitor car parking – ensure no parking on Football pitch.
- Ensure suitable medical cover has arrived for the day’s activities (St John Ambulance)
- Ensure catering team have the correct numbers and times for meals. Each team should advise the Match Day Manager of the total number of meals they require and at what time. This information is to be collated and passed to the Catering staff. Each age group will receive two tickets (one for each team – home/away) which will need to be presented in order to obtain the team’s meals
- Ensure Society referees have a meal and drinks voucher – kept by catering staff (Youth games only)
- Be aware of the Club Health & Safety policy.
- Record any accidents in accordance with club procedures – (Accident book kept on shelf in Bar)
- Ensure home teams clean all changing rooms after use
- Team coaches
- Players and parents
- Fixture Secretary
- Club catering
- St John Ambulance
A match day manager rota will ensure that these duties are fairly distributed between the age groups throughout the season. Should fixtures change and your age group is no longer playing at home, please provide as much notice as possible to Anthony Frayling and John Creighton for reallocation of duties. The rota is under construction and will appear here once matches begin