After several months of hard work, the rugby club has been granted charity status for our new community foundation with the aim of creating and delivering accessible opportunities for all, inspiring personal and social development through sport.
We are currently seeking funding for a number of projects and have made great strides towards completing successful bids and building some valuable partnerships. We have selected projects that are attainable and will develop the perception of the Foundation as a live charity that is achieving set goals. Some examples are:
- Social Inclusion - using rugby and its core values as a catalyst for changing the pathways of young people through engagement and education.
- Mixed Ability Rugby - engaging in the local community to develop opportunities for all to get involved in our great game.
- Mental Health and Active Lifestyles in Children – primary school engagement with the core theme of positive physical health, good nutrition and hydration, leading to positive mental health.
- Walking Rugby – local initiative to engage with the 50+ age group in the community, providing activity and somewhere to socialise in a relaxed environment.
- A sports development bursary pot – allowing players without the means to do so to get involved with our rugby camps in the school holidays.
- Plus many more…
As we get going on this exciting journey, we want you, the members to be a part of it. If you want to help or get involved in any way, please do get in touch with Simon Leader at email@example.com