Pitch Usage 2012-2013 season
For all coaches and Admins:Â
- Pitch allocations for games and training will be made by Anthony Frayling and communicated by the Friday evening via email to all coaches and administrators
- Please try to adhere to those allocations but coaches can swap around provided that no other age group is allocated the space
- In using pitches for training can coaches look to run repetitive drills either off the pitch or use the deadball area as much as possible. This will preserve the pitch conditions for longer.
- Teams are responsible for putting touchline flags away after their game has completed and if they are the last game to be played that day on that pitch.
- PLEASE LEAVE the post protectors in place ( unless you play on the first team pitch)
- Pitch 2, the senior squad training pitch, is not to be used for training or games unless specific permission via John Pritchard has been approved. This is to maintain its condition as long as possible. That permission will be communicated through Anthony Frayling.
- Pitch 1 (1st team pitch) will be used for selected games (U13-Colts) if conditions allow and with Glen Remnants agreement. John and Glen will review pitch conditions on Tuesday night and decide if the pitch is available for use on the Sunday, taking into account its condition weather forecast etc. The principle of game allocation will be as follows:
- Cup game takes priority over friendly
- Most senior team takes priority
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â So if Colts and u17 are at home but U17 are playing a Cup match they would takeÂ priority
- If weather conditions, waterlogged, frozen, snow etc mean pitches canâ€™t be used John Pritchard and John Creighton will liaise on making that decision and communicating it to all coaches
For those teams looking to hold training during the week the following guidelines apply.
- The Senior squad train Tuesdays and Thursday evenings from 18:00-20:30, using pitch 1 and 2
- Colts are training Tuesday nights currently using pitch 5
- Exiles are training Thursday nights using pitch 4
- U16 are training Wednesday nights using pitch 6 at the moment
- Pitch 1 is restricted to senior squad use only
- Pitch 2 may be used while conditions allow BUT ONLY for games (touch, unopposed run throughs etc) not for repetitive drills. As its use increases as the season progresses it is likely that it will become restricted to the senior squad only so please bare that in mind when you plan midweek training.
- As the days shorten then the lights will be required for evening training, please follow the instructions in the boiler house for turning the lights on. Failure to do so will lead to damage and expensive repairs! Please switch them off after use. (Note: if you need the code to the boiler room please contact John Pritchard)
Finally please can the last person to leave after training close and lock the gates.