Cambridge RUFC welcomes last week’s announcement from the Rugby Football Union with regards to how the community game can resume from 29th March.
It is our intention to allow a return to rugby across the rugby club aligned with the new RFU and Government’s guidelines.
A summary of the new RFU Return to Rugby Roadmap can be found below:
- From 29th March – Contact training (excluding scrum & maul) and Ready4Rugby, O2 Touch & Tag matches against other clubs
- From 26th April – Contact training (excluding scrum & maul) and adult and age grade matches with adapted laws (no scrum and maul)
- At Step 3 of Government Roadmap (no earlier than 17th May) – Full contact training (including scrum & maul)
- Two weeks later – Adult full contact matches, but some off-field restrictions likely to still apply
- At Step 4 of Government Roadmap (no earlier than 21st June) – All restrictions lifted
Our COVID-19 Risk Assessment and procedures will be updated in accordance with the changing guidance and we ask that all visitors observe the measures put in place.
We will continue to provide further updates in due course. Our M&Y Chairman Nick Dance will communicate accordingly with coaches and parents alike.
We thank you for your continued patience and we look forward to seeing you at Volac Park soon.